"I was born with a bronze skin and I like it. Some of my friends were born white or black or yellow. They were not consulted. But that's all right. There are yellow roses, white roses, and red roses and the fragrance of one is about as nice as another." ~Chief Walking Buffalo

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Running for a cause

I was just on the yahoo message boards and someone is doing a Run For Water, to build wells in Ethiopia! I didn't know that this run existed. This is GREAT!! So now there are 2 organized annual runs (that I know of) with proceeds going directly into Ethiopia. Geez. I better get in better shape cause I want to do it all! (And move back to BC - cause both are there!) Anyway, just wanted to share because they both look like fantastic organizations.

www.RunforWater.ca - run is May 31/09 in Abbostford

and of course, the one I have already blogged about:
http://www.partnersinthehorn.org/downloads/Great_Big_Run_Brochure_2008.pdf - run is Oct.18/09 in Enderby
(find out more about the org on www.partnersinthehorn.org)

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment