"I was born with a bronze skin and I like it. Some of my friends were born white or black or yellow. They were not consulted. But that's all right. There are yellow roses, white roses, and red roses and the fragrance of one is about as nice as another." ~Chief Walking Buffalo

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dwell in possibilty ~Emily Dickinson

Good news! We are finally approved to adopt siblings! We have been at this request to make a change to our dossier for a few months now, but it is finally complete. We will officially be welcoming 2 siblings under the age of 5 into our family.

When? I wish I knew, but they are still saying it will be about a 16 month wait until referral. Thankfully, our wait technically began when our dossier arrived in the country on Dec.27/08, so that puts us about 4 1/2 months into our wait. Only a year to go ;p. After referral we will still have to go through court, so we are aiming for Christmas 2010 to have our family intact.

I pray it will be sooner! I have actually been feeling kind of numb about the whole situation lately. I have really put it aside and am not as neurotic as I was back in Jan. Since I know it won't happen this year it makes it hard to be overly excited. It all seems surreal at the moment, like will this ever actually happen?? I know that Jan/10 will be a very exciting new year because that is when we will start our 'any day now' wait.

In the meantime, let the fundraising begin! We are having a fundraising garage sale May 21-23. We have a tonne of clothes, books, videos, DVD's, toys and, yes, baby clothes (up to 12mos) and maternity clothes! I am thinking about making up some t-shirts to help in the fundraising effort. I will definitely post if I can come up with something worthwhile. I will also be taking pledges for the Great Big Run for Africa.

I hope it will be a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment