"I was born with a bronze skin and I like it. Some of my friends were born white or black or yellow. They were not consulted. But that's all right. There are yellow roses, white roses, and red roses and the fragrance of one is about as nice as another." ~Chief Walking Buffalo

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The twins' 1st birthday



I miss my boys.

A strange feeling to miss someone you haven't met yet. Even weirder that they are my sons.

Celebrating their 1st birthday without them underscored all these feelings, and in a way also connected my to them a little more. It was so wonderful to have Nana and Grandad and Auntie S, Uncle M, the the 3 cousins here to celebrate this milestone for them and for our family.

It's cute - D keeps saying to the littlest baby as she shows him the twins' picture "Look at your baby brothers!" and I have to remind here that the twins are his BIG brothers, even though they came to us after the baby. A tricky concept for a 3 year old I guess!

I heard from one of the volunteers that our boys are "hilarious!" I love that. I think they will fit in to this quirky family of ours just fine. One of them is crawling across the floor "like a penguin or frog" I have been just trying hard to imagine that! I am told that they play together and it is not uncommon to see them holding hands. That, I can picture, and it melts my heart.

For their party last night, we had a Monster Truck cake (chosen by the girls), a candle wished on (intently) and blown out by mommy, then re-wished on and re-blown out and repeat by the family; presents, pictures and visiting. A good time had by all - maybe you'll be home by next year kiddos? I'll keep wishing and I'll definitely keep praying.







These 1st birthday presents will await your arrival. Thank you Auntie, Uncle and cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment