"I was born with a bronze skin and I like it. Some of my friends were born white or black or yellow. They were not consulted. But that's all right. There are yellow roses, white roses, and red roses and the fragrance of one is about as nice as another." ~Chief Walking Buffalo

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Whew, what a day yesterday. My hubby got home late from work and gave me the rundown. I guess he will be working overtime for awhile until things get back to normal. It is unbelievably fortunate how this all turned out. All 9 people who were sent to hospital are home safe now. Considering how close to the blast they were it is amazing they were not seriously injured. I just hope now the recovery and clean up is quick, safe and efficient.

On a lighter note, I had a wonderful day in another aspect yesterday with my 2 neices. It was lovely to have them over to play with the girls, and bake cupcakes and catch up with me! I am lucky to have such great neices and nephews, and I really enjoyed spending time with them.

Ok, changing the subject again, Dee is sitting over there on the couch trying for the millionth time to tell me her one and only knock knock joke. It goes like this: Dee: "Knock knock" Me: "Who's there?" Dee: "Bare bum". That's it. It is supposed to go "Who's there?" "bare" bare who" "bare bum", but she has shortened it and thinks she is so smart to tell you a joke. We have tried correcting her, but to no avail. It is so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment