"I was born with a bronze skin and I like it. Some of my friends were born white or black or yellow. They were not consulted. But that's all right. There are yellow roses, white roses, and red roses and the fragrance of one is about as nice as another." ~Chief Walking Buffalo

Monday, December 12, 2011

Define Necessity


This time of year always brings all up kinds of emotion within me. Having children in a 3rd world country has especially made me feel this like this picture illustrates. I usually have something to say about excess at this time of year, like when I found out that Mol was sick with Cholera on Dec.3rd last year. I guess this is the time when the contrast is most apparent. Sugarbear asked me the other day if Santa visits all the children in other countries who don't have enough. I said that sometimes Santa can't find them because they don't have houses. I didn't know what else to say. What is the truth? Why can't Santa find these people? We know where they are...

No comments:

Post a Comment